Flimkien ghal Ambjent Ahjar is mainly a volunteer-based organisation. The organisation has been successful in its campaigns since its inception in 2006 because of the time and hard work of volunteers and obviously thanks to the extensive support received. There are many benefits when you volunteer with an environmental non-governmental organisation like FAA. You will:
- Help in the protection and enhancement of the Maltese natural and urban environment,
- Help lobby for the improvement of the Maltese environment for the enjoyment of future generations,
- Learn more about environmental problems like development issues and also about proactive solutions,
- Learn and acquire new skills and know-how for the conservation of the natural and urban environment and how the planning authority works
- Become part of a social network, forming closer ties with the local community, meeting new people and making new friends,
- Gain personal satisfaction from doing something worthwhile for the community and the environment,
- Grow in self esteem and self confidence,
- Participate in enjoyable activities, having fun with like-minded people,
- Ultimately, encourage others to also learn and change their attitudes and behaviour.
Volunteering does not mean you will be inundated with work. Small jobs such as taking photographs of heritage buildings or making a few phone calls for background material for our heritage website would be sufficient. Any work related to reporting of infringements is done through our website so as not to reveal members’ identities. Volunteers can also help in the organisation of fund raising activities. FAA has also in the past had interns over summer, with volunteers working at the office on both development and heritage issues.
If you’re interested in joining FAA as a volunteer we would like to hear from you, and possibly meet to discuss in what way you can get involved.
Please contact us on: email@example.com
FAA is open to taking on voluntary interns. More info on this can be downloaded here: Prospective Voluntary Interns.